Surface-Mediated Visible-Light Photo-oxidation on Pure TiO2(001)
- Surface-Mediated Visible-Light Photo-oxidation on Pure TiO2(001)
- H. Ariga; T. Taniike; H. Morikawa; M. Tada; 민병권; K. Watanabe; Y. Matsumoto; Susumu Ikeda; Y. Iwasawa
- photocatalysis; TiO2; visible light; *2009년도 개인평가에 반영되었음(센터장동의완료)
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
- VOL 131, NO 41, 14670-14672
- In summary, we investigated the photo-oxidation of formic acid
on a TiO2(001) surface. Contrary to the conventional knowledge
of the photon threshold energy, which is determined by the bulk
band gap of photochemical materials, we showed for the first time
experimental and theoretical evidence for a surface state (the smaller
band gap)-mediated photochemical reaction on TiO2(001) with vis
light. The present finding shows the critical importance of the
atomic-scale design of the surface of such a material.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.