Enzymatic conversion of butyric acid to butyl butyrate in a packed bed reactor
- Enzymatic conversion of butyric acid to butyl butyrate in a packed bed reactor
- 안지혜; 김용환; 상병인
- butyric acid; butyl butyrate; packed bed reactor
- Issue Date
- Society for Industrial Microbiology
- Continuous enzymatic synthesis of butyl butyrate has studied in a packed bed reactor (PBR) using Novozym 435 (Candida antarctica lipase B immobilized on macroporous polyacrylate resin). Esterification reaction of butyric acid and butanol was quickly occurred without any by-product in organic solvents. Several solvents such as heptane, hexane, 1,4 dioxane and tetrahydrofuran were screened for the esterification and hexane showed the highest conversion. The effect of various parameters, such as temperature, molar ratio of butyric acid to butanol, batch reactor on the conversion was inspected. The maximum conversion of butyl butyrate was obtained at 50 ℃, 1 or less of molar ratio of butyric acid to butanol. For continuous butyl butyrate production, the PBR system was suitable model to scale up of process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.