Analysis and risk assessment of formaldehyde in water from water purification plant in korea
- Analysis and risk assessment of formaldehyde in water from water purification plant in korea
- 채효진; 김현구; 김승기; 표희수; 홍종기
- formaldehyde; 2,4-DNPH; HPLC/DAD; risk assessment; monitoring
- Issue Date
- 분석과학; Analytical Science & Technology
- VOL 22, NO 5, 386-394
- Formaldehyde is used in lether manufacture, a dry plate and an explosive. It is by-product of ozonizing
process in filtration plant. The effects of exposure are eye pruritus, tickle, runing nose, blocking nasal passages
and headache. It also makes a dried throat and causes inflammation. It is classified as B1 group for inhalation
by US. EPA, which can cause cancer in human. For analysis of formaldehyde, formaldehydes-DNPH derivative
was extracted with solid cartridge and was analyzed by High Performance Liquid Chromatography/Diode Array Detector (HPLC/DAD). The detection limit was 3 μg/L and the recoveries were 72.3~109.1% (RSD 2.9~11.5%).
Water samples were collected in four Korean rivers, four times per year seasonally for 10 years from 1998
to 2007. The monitoring results were 48.8% (630/1291), 5.15~101.9 μg/L in purified water. Because of noncarcinogen
in drinking water, hazard index is calculated with RfD. Results of excess cnacer risk was below
1 and was considered as safe value.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.