Removal of As(III) and As(V) in Aqueous Phases by Fe and Mn Oxides Coated Granular Activated Carbon
- Removal of As(III) and As(V) in Aqueous Phases by Fe and Mn Oxides Coated Granular Activated Carbon
- 이희용; 양중석; 최재영; 이승목
- 비소제거; 산화; 입자활성탄; 흡착; Arsenic; Oxidation; GAC; Adsorption
- Issue Date
- 大韓環境工學會誌; Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers
- VOL 31, NO 8, 613-620
- The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficiency of Fe and Mn oxides coated granular activated carbons
(FMOCGs) for the removal of arsenite and arsenate by oxidation and adsorption mechanisms using surface characterization and
batch adsorption experiments. Within four manufactured adsorbents, Fe and Mn contents of FMOCG-1 was the highest (178.12 mg
Fe/g and 11.25 mg Mn/g). In kinetic results, As(III) was removed by oxidation and adsorption with FMOCGs. Removal of arsenic
by FMOCGs increased as pH value of the solution decreased. The adsorption isotherm results were well fitted with Langmuir
isotherm. Adsorption amount of As(V) onto FMOCGs was higher than that of As(III) and the maximum adsorption capacities of
FMOCGs for As(III) and As(V) were 1.38~8.44 mg/g and 2.91~9.63 mg/g, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.