Tunable optical delays based on Brillouin dynamic grating in a polarization maintaining fiber
- Tunable optical delays based on Brillouin dynamic grating in a polarization maintaining fiber
- 송광용; 이관일; 윤혁진; 이상배
- Optical fibers; Delay lines; Brillouin scattering; Gratings; Polarization
- Issue Date
- 20th International conference on Optical Fiber Sensors
- VOL 7503, 75037L-1-75037L-4
- We demonstrate a novel kind of tunable optical delays based on dynamic grating generated
by Brillouin scattering in an optical fiber. An axial strain gradient is applied to a 15 m section
of a polarization-maintaining fiber, and the Brillouin reflection grating is generated positionselectively
by controlling the optical frequencies of Brillouin pump waves. Tunable time
delays of up to 132 ns are achieved with an 82 ns Gaussian pulse.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.