Low Loss Fusion Splicing of Photonic Crystal Fiber and Single-Mode Fiber
- Low Loss Fusion Splicing of Photonic Crystal Fiber and Single-Mode Fiber
- 안진수; 박광노; 김길환; 이상배; 이경식
- 저손실 융착접속; 접속손실; 포토닉 밴드갭 광섬유; 고비선형 광자결정 광섬유
- Issue Date
- 전자공학회논문지 SD (Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea SD)
- VOL 46, NO 7, 529-535
- We proposed a fusion splicing method for low splicing loss between a single-mode fiber(SMF) and two different
photonic crystal fibers(PCFs) such as a photonic bandgap fiber(PBGF) and highly nonlinear photonic crystal
fiber(NL-PCF). The splicing loss between the SMF and PBGF is affected by air-hole collapse. Therefore, we optimized
fusion splicer and reduced a splicing loss below 1.22 ㏈. We also inserted a Ultra High Numerical Aperture(UHNA) fiber
between the SMF and NL-PCF to achieve a splicing loss of below 2.59 ㏈.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.