Dispersion stability and Characterization of lead-free transparent dielectric glass frit
- Dispersion stability and Characterization of lead-free transparent dielectric glass frit
- 오영제; 이진원
- Dispersant; Slurry; Green sheet; Lead-free; Transparent dielectric; PDP
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research / International organization for ceramic processing
- VOL 10, NO 5, 657-663
- The effect of solvents and dispersants on the slurry dispersion stability in tape castings of lead-free transparent Bi2O3-ZnOBaO-
Al2O3 dielectric layers for plasma display panel (PDP) were studied. A comparative study of mechanical and optical
properties of the green sheets fabricated with and without dispersion stabilizers was performed. The optimum dispersion
stability, which was due to steric stabilization, was observed for a 1.5 wt% polyethylene glycol solution in methanol with 33.3%
solid loading; the corresponding green sheet demonstrated the best mechanical and optical performance after firing. The green
sheet prepared by dispersion stability had a stronger tensile strength of 6.6 kg/cm2(6.47MPa) and more uniform microstructure
than the green sheet prepared without dispersion stability (tensile strength of 4.6 kg/cm2(4.51MPa)). The optimum result was
obtained by fire processing a green sheet at 505 oC for 30 minutes; the dielectric layer obtained with 30 μm thickness on sodalime
glass substrate had a transmittance of 81% at a reference wavelength of 550 nm without a yellowing phenomenon.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.