Experimental determination technique for magnetic anisotropy of individual nanowires
- Experimental determination technique for magnetic anisotropy of individual nanowires
- 문경웅; 이재철; 최석봉; 신경호
- Magnetic anisotropy; Ferromagnetic nanowires; Torque magnetometer; Anisotropic magnetoresistance
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics : the official journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 9, 1293-1295
- We present an experimental technique to determine the magnetic anisotropy of ferromagnetic nanowires.
In the technique, the magnetization state is monitored by measuring the anisotropic magnetoresistance
with rotating the external magnetic field. The measured magnetoresistance curves exhibit
basically the same curves typically appeared in the torque magnetometric measurements, which are then
readily analyzed based on the Stoner–Wohlfarth theory with a single fitting parameter – the magnetic
anisotropy. By applying the present technique to Permalloy nanowires, it is shown that the shape anisotropy
in real nanowires is significantly influenced by the edge roughness
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.