Carrier lifetime and spin relaxation time study for electrical spin injection into GaAs
- Carrier lifetime and spin relaxation time study for electrical spin injection into GaAs
- 오은순; T. K. Lee; J. H. Park; J. H. Choi; Y. J. Park; 신경호; K. Y. Kim
- Carrier lifetime; spin relaxation time; spin injection; GaAs
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 106, 043515-1-043515-4
- We fabricated spin light emitting diodes using oxide tunneling barriers between ferromagnetic
materials (Ni0.8Fe0.2 /Co0.9Fe0.1) and semiconductors (GaAs) and investigated the
temperature-dependent carrier lifetime and spin relaxation time of the active GaAs layer. We
observed the circular polarization of the free exciton from the electroluminescence spectra due to the
spin injection from the ferromagnetic material, whereas the circular polarization of the conduction
band to acceptor transition was negligible. From the temperature-dependent carrier lifetime and spin
relaxation time of the active GaAs layer, we found that the spin injection efficiency was larger than
25% between 20 and 180 K, where the magnetic field dependence of the spin lifetime was ignored.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.