Inhibitory Effects of Korean Local Plant Extracts on Aldo-keto reductase 1B10 (AKR1B10)
- Inhibitory Effects of Korean Local Plant Extracts on Aldo-keto reductase 1B10 (AKR1B10)
- 이주영; 송대근; 정상훈; 노주원; 손진기; 판철호
- aldo-keto reductase; plant extract; enzyme inhibition; protein expression; protein purification; AKR1B10; cancer prevention
- Issue Date
- We examined ethanol extracts prepared from 113 Korean local plants obtained in Pyeongchang, Gangwon-do for their inhibitory effects on recombinant human AKR1B10 (rhAKR1B10) in vitro. To do this, rhAKR1B10 was first expressed in E.coli as a biological active from and purified by using Ni-affinity chromatography followed by gel permeation chromatography. Then, rhAKR1B10 was used for screening out 113 Korean local plant extracts having inhibition activity against itself. Among them, 21 extracts showed more than 50% inhibition of rhAKR1B10 activity at the concentration of 10 μg/mL. Especially, the extracts of Ligularia fischeri var. spiciformis Nakai and Rhus trichocarpa Miq. Were the most potent because their IC50 values were 2.94 and 2.00 μg/mL, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.