The Static Characteristics of Bump Foil Thrust Bearing Considering Tilting Condition
- The Static Characteristics of Bump Foil Thrust Bearing Considering Tilting Condition
- 김태영; 박동진; 이용복
- foil bearing; thrust bearing; Static Characteristics; tilting condition
- Issue Date
- ASME/STLE 2009 International Joint Tribology Conference
- Air foil thrust bearings are the critical component
available on high-efficiency turbomachinery which needs
ability to endure the large axial force. Previous investigations
about the static characteristics were obtained over the region of
the thin air film using finite-difference method and the
characteristics of the corrugated bump foil using finite-element
method. Moreover, a recent study demonstrated that bearing
performance is sensitive to tilting thrust pad condition.
In this study, experimentally measured bearing static
characteristics are compared with the numerical model of the
foil thrust bearing considering tilting pad condition. Three
geometrically different type foil bearings were tested to
measure their load capacity under tilting conditions that have
continuous angles from zero to 0.0002 rad. These data are
presented for use i1n the development of more accurate foil
thrust bearing numerical models.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.