Recent advances on IR supercontinuum source and its applications
- Recent advances on IR supercontinuum source and its applications
- Stuart Yin; Paul Ruffin; Christina Brantley; Eugene Edwards; Chia-En Yang; Jimmy Yao; 김재헌; Claire Luo
- Supercontinuum; IR waveguide; IR fiber; mid-IR; SCG; sapphire fiber; IED spectroscopy; nonlinear fiber optics; Mid-Infrared (IR)
- Issue Date
- VOL 7420, 74200K-1-74200K-9
- In this paper, we have reviewed our recent works on IR supercontinuum generation (SCG) and its applications. First, we
provide a brief introduction on the motivations of the proposed effort. Second, the work of SCG in single crystal
sapphire fibers is reviewed. Third, in addition to single crystal sapphire fibers, the method, the process, and the results
of fabricating other IR waveguides are presented. Fourth, a quantitative simulation on the supercontinuum generation
with the new IR waveguide is provided, which shows that it is possible to generate SCG beyond 5 microns. To the best
knowledge of authors, this is the longest SCG reported so far. Finally, more experimental results of chemical analysis
with supercontinuum source are presented.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.