Development of Real-Time PCR Primer and Probe Sets for Detecting Degenerated and Non-degenerated Forms of the Butanol-Producing Bacterium Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824
- Development of Real-Time PCR Primer and Probe Sets for Detecting Degenerated and Non-degenerated Forms of the Butanol-Producing Bacterium Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824
- 이선미; 조민옥; 엄영순; 상병인
- Biobutanol; Degeneration; Monitoring; pSOL1 plasmid; Real-time qPCR; *2009 기관고유,개인평가에 반영 완료
- Issue Date
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology
- VOL 161, NO 1-8, 75-83
- Degeneration is one of the limiting factors in butanol fermentation, and it
must be monitored and prevented for stable butanol production. In Clostridium
acetobutylicum ATCC 824, the most well-known butanol-producing microorganism,
degeneration is caused by the loss of the pSOL1 plasmid that carries essential genes
involved in solvent production. In this study, we designed two specific primer and probe
sets for real-time qPCR (RT-qPCR) detection of C. acetobutylicum ATCC 824 (the C.
aceto set) and pSOL1-possessing C. acetobutylicum ATCC 824 (the DGS set). Specific
primer and probe sets were designed on the basis of the 16S rDNA sequence and pSOL1
sequence. The number of degenerated C. acetobutylicum could be quantified by
subtracting the number of C. acetobutylicum ATCC 824 containing pSOL1 from the total
number of C. acetobutylicum ATCC 824. The primer and probe sets permitted the specific
detection and quantification of degenerated C. acetobutylicum and total butanol-producing
C. acetobutylicum by RT-qPCR.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.