Fullerene coated silicon electrodes prepared by a plasma-assisted evaporation technique for the anodes of lithium secondary batteries
- Fullerene coated silicon electrodes prepared by a plasma-assisted evaporation technique for the anodes of lithium secondary batteries
- 아리; 이중기
- Thin film; Coating; Lithium battery; Polymeric phase
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research / International organization for ceramic processing
- VOL 10, NO 5, 614-617
- With the aim of enhancing the silicon anode performance in lithium secondary batteries, we have studied the effect of a
fullerene thin film as a coating material. The fullerene films were prepared by a plasma assisted evaporation technique from
fullerene powder on a Cu foil. As a result, excellent electrochemical performance of fullerene-coated silicon electrodes in terms
of stable cycle performance and high specific capacity were observed. The enhanced performances are attributed to the
formation of a polymeric phase of the fullerene film as confirmed by Raman spectroscopy, FTIR spectroscopy and XPS
analysis. The polymeric layer could act as passive layer to provide mechanical stability against the volume expansion during
prolonged cycling tests.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.