Lagrangian stochastic model for buoyant gas dispersion in a simple geometric chamber
- Lagrangian stochastic model for buoyant gas dispersion in a simple geometric chamber
- 김병구; 김종수; 이창훈
- Lagrangian stochastic model; turbulent buoyant dispersion; accidental hydrogen release
- Issue Date
- Journal of loss prevention in the process industries
- VOL 22, NO 6, 995-1002
- A new Lagrangian stochastic model is proposed to predict dispersion of buoyant gases, such as hydrogen,
by including the buoyant forcing term in the stochastic model and by considering the wall-plume
interaction based on the hydrostatic approximation. The proposed model was validated by carrying out
simulations for three accidental hydrogen release scenarios. The simulation for the case of instantaneous
release exhibits a realistic spreading of the hydrogen puff in the vicinity of the horizontal ceiling, caused
by the hydrostatic pressure. The predicted variation of concentration for the cases of continuous release
shows good agreement with other simulation and experimental results.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.