Influence of flow channel design on the flow pressure drop and the performance of direct methanol fuel cells
- Influence of flow channel design on the flow pressure drop and the performance of direct methanol fuel cells
- 황용신; 차석원; 최훈; 이대영; 김서영
- fuel cell; flow channel; pressure drop; performance
- Issue Date
- Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology
- VOL 6, NO 1, 011023-1-011023-6
- We investigated the optimum flow channel design for direct methanol fuel cells (DMFCs).
Especially, we explored the effect of the pressure drop across the inlet and outlet on the
performance of the DMFCs with various flow channel designs. In DMFC systems, the
optimization of such parameters are critical to minimize the power usage by the auxiliary
devices, such as fuel pump and blowers. In this paper, we present how the pressure drop
control may determine the optimal driving point of the DMFC stack. Also, we show how
the optimal fuel utilization ratio may be achieved, without degrading the performance of
DMFC stacks. Overall, we discuss how the flow channel design affects the selection of
the balance of plant (BOP) components, the design of the DMFC system, and the efficiency
of the entire system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.