Low-temperature sintering of temperature-stable LaNbO4 microwave dielectric ceramics
- Low-temperature sintering of temperature-stable LaNbO4 microwave dielectric ceramics
- 이항원; 박정현; 남산; 김동완; 박재관
- ceramics; microwave; Dielectric properties; lanthanium niobate; microstructure; oxides; Electron microscopy; *2009년 개인평가에 반영완료
- Issue Date
- Materials research bulletin
- VOL 45, NO 1, 21-24
- We demonstrate the correlation between sintering behavior and microstructural observations in lowtemperature
sintered, LaNbO4 microwave ceramics. Small CuO additions to LaNbO4 significantly
lowered the sintering temperature from 1250 to 950 8C. To elucidate the sintering mechanism, the
internal microstructure of the sample manipulated by a focused ion beam (FIB) was investigated using
transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and energy-dispersive spectroscopy (EDS). LaNbO4 with 3 wt%
CuO sintered at 950 8C for 2 h possessed the following excellent microwave dielectric properties: a
quality factor (Qxf) of 49,000 GHz, relative dielectric constant (er) of 19.5, and temperature coefficient of
resonant frequency (tf) of 1 ppm/8C. The ferroelastic phase transformation was also investigated using in
situ X-ray diffraction (XRD) to explain the variation of tf in low-temperature sintered LaNbO4 as a
function of CuO content.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.