Development of a Remote-Controlled Mobile Robot for Foreign Language Education
- Development of a Remote-Controlled Mobile Robot for Foreign Language Education
- 이성온; 김도익; 차영수; 유범재; 조흥재
- Service robots; Educational robots; Remote control; Mobile robot; Tele-operation
- Issue Date
- International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence
- , 57-60
- We have developed a mobile robot for a foreign
language education. This robot, VANI is remotely
controlled through the internet. A teacher in the remote
site can talk with a student in front of the robot,
simultaneously moving the robot. Compared with typical
study through a phone, this improved presence turned out
to increase students’ interests, expecting better educational
performance. Another point we tried to get in the
development is to make the robot with minimum cost for
early commercialization. In order to do so, we drastically
removed the unnecessary parts and used the cheapest
components in building the robot. As a result, this robot
has been successfully commercialized and some are now
being used in private institutes for foreign language study.
This paper will explain the hardware and software system
of the developed robot.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.