Enhanced thermal efficiency for amorphization in nano-structured Ge2Sb2Te5-TiOx films
- Enhanced thermal efficiency for amorphization in nano-structured Ge2Sb2Te5-TiOx films
- 이동복; 강동민; 권민호; 전현구; 김기범; 여호기; 이현석; 정병기
- Ge2Sb2Te5; Ge2Sb2Te5-TiOx; amorphization; laser melting; *2009년도 개인평가에 반영되었음
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 10, NO 1, e83-e86
- The dynamics of the melt-quenched amorphization in TiOx mixed Ge2Sb2Te5 films were studied using real-time reflectivity measurements with a nanosecond laser pulse and various amounts of TiOx. It was observed that the laser-power required for amorphization was significantly reduced by 27 % when 9.1 mol % of TiOx was incorporated with Ge2Sb2Te5.The lowering of the thermal conductivity of the films, due to the increase in the number of interface between the Ge2Sb2Te5 and TiOx phases, led to an increase in the thermal efficiency. Such enhanced thermal efficiency is of great technological importance in phase change storage applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.