Hydrotalcite derived Cu-Zn-Cr catalysts admixed with γ-Al2O3 for single step dimethyl ether synthesis from syngas: Influence of hydrothermal treatment
- Hydrotalcite derived Cu-Zn-Cr catalysts admixed with γ-Al2O3 for single step dimethyl ether synthesis from syngas: Influence of hydrothermal treatment
- A. Venugopal; J. Palgunadi; 정광덕; 주오심; 신채호
- DME; Cu based catalysts; Cu-Zn-Cr; Hydrotalcite; Dimethyl ether; Syngas conversion; ESR; N2O decomposition
- Issue Date
- Catalysis today
- VOL 147, 94-99
- The Cu-Zn-Cr catalysts derived from hydrotalcite (HT) structures were prepared by the hydrothermal
and non-hydrothermal methods. The catalysts were admixed with Al2O3 to synthesize DME (dimethyl
ether) from syngas. XRD analysis revealed the presence of hydrotalcite (HT)-like structures in the oven
dried form was decomposed to disperse copper species in the calcined conditions. ESR spectra of the
fresh calcined catalysts disclosed both the isolated and clustered copper species and bulk Cr3+ species are
seen in used catalysts. The TPR analysis indicated that the Cu2+ ions are reduced in two stages. DME
synthesis experiments showed that the CO conversion and DME yield were linearly correlated with Cu
metal surface areas of Cu-Zn-Cr catalysts admixed with g-Al2O3. Activity results indicated that
hydrothermal treatments have pronounced influence on the dispersion of copper species and
consequently on DME synthesis rates.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.