Dimethyl ether synthesis on the admixed catalysts of Cu-Zn-Al-M (M = Ga, La, Y, Zr) and γ-Al2O3: The role of modifier
- Dimethyl ether synthesis on the admixed catalysts of Cu-Zn-Al-M (M = Ga, La, Y, Zr) and γ-Al2O3: The role of modifier
- A. Venugopal; J. Palgunadi; 정광덕; 주오심; 신채호
- DME; Cu based catalysts; Hydrotalcite-like structure; Methanol synthesis; DME synthesis; Methanol dehydration
- Issue Date
- Journal of molecular catalysis A, Chemical
- VOL 302, NO 1-2, 20-27
- Dimethyl ether synthesis has been conducted on the admixed catalysts of Cu based catalysts (for methanol synthesis) and γ-Al2O3 (for methanol dehydration). The Cu-Zn-Al-M (M = Ga, La, Y, Zr) hydrotalcite-like structures as catalyst precursors for methanol synthesis part of the admixed catalysts are synthesized by the co-precipitation method. The physico-chemical characteristics of the catalysts are analyzed by BET-surface area, XRD, TPR, SEM/EDS, XPS and N2O pulse chemisorption studies. DME synthesis experiments showed that the CO conversion and DME yield are linearly correlated with Cu metal surface areas of Cu based catalysts admixed with γ-Al2O3, indicating that methanol synthesis rate can control the overall DME synthesis rate. The yttrium-modified Cu-Zn-Al admixed catalysts showed the superior activity with a DME yield of 47.7% to other Cu-based catalysts. The reason may be attributed to the increase in Cu metal surface area by the addition of yttrium.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.