Applications of nanomanipulator in nanowires
- Applications of nanomanipulator in nanowires
- 윤상원; 서종현; 안재평; 성태연; 이건배
- nano manipulator; FIB; Single nanowire Device; TEM; Device; Nanowire; Tensile test; Electrical resistance; RTA
- Issue Date
- 한국분말야금학회지; Journal of Korean Powder Metallurgy Institute
- VOL 16, NO 2, 138-145
- The combination of focused ion beam (FIB) and 4 point probe nanomanipulator could make various
nano manufacturing and electrical measurements possible. In this study, we manufactured individual ZnO nanowire
devices and measured those electrical properties. In addition, tensile experiments of metallic Au and Pd
nanowires was performed by the same directional alignment of two nanomanipulators and a nanowire. It was confirmed
from I-V curves that Ohmic contact is formed between electrodes and nanomanipulators, which is able to
directly measure the elelctrical properties of a nanowire itself. In the mechanical tensile test, Au and Pd nanowires
showed a totally different fracture behavior except the realignment from <110> to <002>. The deformation until
the fracture was governed by twin for Au and by slip for Pd nanowires, respectively. The crystallographic relationship
and fracture mechanism was discussed by TEM observations.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.