Nano-porous surface states of Ti-Y-Al-Co phase separated metallic glass
- Nano-porous surface states of Ti-Y-Al-Co phase separated metallic glass
- Jayamani Jayaraj; 박진만; P.F. Gostin; 에릭플러리; A. Gebert; L. Schultz
- Nanostructured intermetallics; Glasses, metallic; Corrosion; Electrochemical characterization; Biomedical applications
- Issue Date
- VOL 17, NO 12, 1120-1123
- A novel nano-porous state was fabricated at the surface of the Ti-based metallic glass by selective etching
technique. By transforming the surface of the Ti45Y11Al24Co20 phase separated alloy from smooth towards
rough with nano-pores in an oxidised state, the passivation behaviour of the glassy alloy in simulated
body fluid condition was remarkably improved leading to corrosion resistance significantly higher than
that of the Ti–6Al–4V alloy, one of the favourite candidate materials for implant applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.