A methodology of enhancing the plasticity of amorphous alloys : Elastostatic compression at room temperature
- A methodology of enhancing the plasticity of amorphous alloys : Elastostatic compression at room temperature
- 박경원; 이창면; 김휘준; 이재훈; Jae-Chul Lee
- Amorphous alloy; Structural disordering; Free volume; Atomic packing density; Plasticity
- Issue Date
- Materials science & engineering. A, Structural materials : properties, microstructure and processing
- VOL 499, NO 1-2, 529-533
- This study demonstrates that prolonged elastostatic compression imposed on amorphous alloys at room
temperature induces permanent (homogeneous) deformation associated with structural disordering. It
was found that this structural disordering is accompanied by the creation of excess free volume, which
in turn enhances the room temperature plasticity. In this study, we investigated the effects of various
parameters, such as stress level, flow rate and preloading time, on structural disordering at room temperature.
On the basis of the present findings, a method of enhancing the plasticity of amorphous alloys is
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.