Head Detection based on Foreground Pixel Histrogram Analysis
- Head Detection based on Foreground Pixel Histrogram Analysis
- 최유주; 손향경; 박정민; 문남미
- 인간과 컴퓨터 상호작용; 얼굴감지; 머리감지; 인체영역추적; face detection; head detection; body tracking; human-computer interaction; *2009년도 개인평가에 반영완료
- Issue Date
- 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지 (Journal of The Korean Institute of Office Automation)
- VOL 14, NO 11, 179-186
- In this paper, we propose a head detection method based on vertical and horizontal pixel histogram analysis in order to overcome drawbacks of the previous head detection approach using Haar-like feature-based face detection. In the proposed method, we create the vertical and horizontal foreground pixel histogram images from the background subtraction image, which represent the number of foreground pixels in the same vertical or horizontal position. Then we extract feature points of a head region by applying Harris corner detection method to the foreground pixel histogram images and by analyzing corner points. The proposal method shows robust head detection results even in the face image covering forelock by hairs or the back view image in which the previous approaches cannot detect the head regions.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.