Fabrication of Porous Reaction Bondid Silicon Carbide with Multi-Layered Pore Structures
- Fabrication of Porous Reaction Bondid Silicon Carbide with Multi-Layered Pore Structures
- 조경선; 김규미; 박상환
- Reaction bonded silicon carbide(RBSC); Multi-layer pore structure; Porous RBSC; SiC slurry
- Issue Date
- 한국세라믹학회지; Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society
- VOL 46, NO 5, 534-539
- Reaction Bonded Silicon Carbide(RBSC) has been used for engineering ceramics due to low-temperature fabrication and near-net
shape products with excellent structural properties such as thermal shock resistance, corrosion resistance and mechanical strength.
Recently, attempts have been made to develop hot gas filter with gradient pore structure by RBSC to overcome weakness of
commercial clay-bonded SiC filter such as low fracture toughness and low reliability. In this study a fabrication process of porous
RBSC with multi-layer pore structure with gradient pore size was developed. The support layer of the RBSC with multi-layer pore
structure was fabricated by conventional Si infiltration process. The intermediate and filter layers consisted of phenolic resin and fine
SiC powder were prepared by dip-coating of the support RBSC in slurry of SiC and phenol resin. The temperature of 1550℃ to make
Si left in RBSC support layer infiltrate into dip-coated layer to produce SiC by reacting with pyro-carbon from phenol resin.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.