Ultralong Cadmium Chalcogenide Nanotubes from One-Dimensional Cadmium Hydroxide Nanowire Bundles by Soft Solution Chemistry
- Ultralong Cadmium Chalcogenide Nanotubes from One-Dimensional Cadmium Hydroxide Nanowire Bundles by Soft Solution Chemistry
- 신디; 구저르; 노다타께시; 후지타다이수께; 록핸드; 주오심
- Issue Date
- The journal of physical chemistry. C, Nanomaterials and Interfaces.
- VOL 113, NO 32, 14179-14183
- Herein, we report a soft solution method for CdX (X = S, Se, Te) nanotubes (NTs) with a high aspect ratio
directly onto the substrate of a large area using one-dimensional (1D) Cd(OH)2 nanowire bundles (NBs)
which were grown by a low-temperature soft chemical approach. A simple anion exchange route was designed
to synthesize CdX NTs using the Cd(OH)2 NBs as a Cd source as well as a template. By the reaction of
Cd(OH)2 NBs on the substrates with an aqueous solution of X2-, the anion exchange reaction takes place,
and due to the difference in the solubility products, as well as the diffusion rates, the nanocrystalline CdX
NTs are formed. The CdX NTs were characterized by field-emission scanning electron microscopy (FESEM),
transmission electron microscopy (TEM), energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) analysis, and X-ray diffraction
(XRD). On the basis of a series of experiments and characterizations, the formation mechanism of the CdX
NTs from Cd(OH)2 NBs is proposed. This work demonstrates a cost effective method for the synthesis of
ultralong CdX NTs via reaction with an X2- ion source employing Cd(OH)2 NBs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.