Implementation of a Mobile Sensor Device Capable of Recognizing User Activities
- Implementation of a Mobile Sensor Device Capable of Recognizing User Activities
- 안진호; 박세준; 홍유진; 김익재; 김형곤
- 휴대용 센서 디바이스; 사용자 움직임 추정; 가속 센서; 결정 트리
- Issue Date
- 전자공학회논문지 SD (Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea SD)
- VOL 46, NO 10, 40-45
- In this paper, we introduce a mobile-type tiny sensor device that can classify the activities of daily living based on the
state-dependent motion analysis using a 3-axial accelerometer in real-time. The device consists of an accelerometer, GPS
module, 32bit micro-controller for sensor data processing and activity classification, and a bluetooth module for wireless
data communication. The size of device is 50*47*14(mm) and lasts about 10 hours in operation-mode and 160 hours in
stand-by mode. Up to now, the device can recognize three user activities (“Upright”, “Running”, “Walking”) based on the
decision tree. This tree is constructed by the pre-learning process to activities of subjects. The accuracy rate of
recognizing activities is over 90% for various subjects.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.