Tribological performance of hydrophilic diamond-like carbon coatings on Ti-6Al-4V in biological environment
- Tribological performance of hydrophilic diamond-like carbon coatings on Ti-6Al-4V in biological environment
- Midathada Anil; Sk. Faruque Ahmed; 이진우; 문명운; 이광렬; 김유찬; 석현광; 한승희
- Diamond-like carbon; Sliding wear; Si-DLC; Bovine serum; Superhydrophilic
- Issue Date
- Diamond and related materials
- VOL 19, NO 4, 300-304
- Tribological performance of diamond-like carbon (DLC) and Si doped DLC (Si-DLC) films on Ti-6Al-4V under bovine serum as well as water and ambient air condition has been studied in terms of surface modification with O2 plasma treatment for superhydrophilic surface. A tribotest revealed that bovine serum significantly enhanced the tribological performance on all DLC surfaces in comparison with those under water or in air medium. Especially, O2 plasma treated Si-DLC coatings with superhydrophilic nature were found to lower the wear and increase coating stability associated with macromolecules especially proteins in the bovine serum and their interactions with surfaces.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.