The Morphology and Mechanical Properties of Polycarbonate/Acrylnitrile Butadiene Styrene Modified by Ar Ion Beam Irradiation
- The Morphology and Mechanical Properties of Polycarbonate/Acrylnitrile Butadiene Styrene Modified by Ar Ion Beam Irradiation
- Sk. Faruque Ahmed; 이진우; 문명운; 장영준; 박봉현; 이성훈; 이광렬
- Ar ion beam; irradiation; mechanical properties; nanostructures; PC/ABS; plasma treatment; surface morphology
- Issue Date
- Plasma Processes and Polymers
- VOL 6, 860-865
- This study examined the surface morphological evolution of polycarbonate and acrylonitrile
butadiene styrene (PC/ABS) irradiated with an Ar ion beam using an ion beam system. PC was
not affected by the Ar ion beam treatment at a lower ion beam treatment times but the ABS
portion formed a foam-like nanostructure at the surface. On the other hand, both PC and ABS formed nanostructures with length of 100 to 120nm and a mean diameter of ~~35nm at
longer beam treatment times. The Raman and FTIR spectra revealed polymer chain scissioning. Nanoindentation showed that the hardness and elastic modulus of the PC/ABS decreases
from 0.22 to 0.18 GPa and from 3.39 to 2.98 GPa, respectively with increasing Ar ion beam treatment time due to the surface nano-structures formed by Ar ion beam.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.