Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured 1.5Ti-Al2O3 from mechanically activated powders by high-frequency induction heating
- Simultaneous synthesis and consolidation of nanostructured 1.5Ti-Al2O3 from mechanically activated powders by high-frequency induction heating
- 채성명; 박제신; 김원백; 오성택; 윤진국; 손인진
- Combustion synthesis; Composite materials; Nanomaterials; Mechanical properties; Ti-Al2O3
- Issue Date
- Metals and Materials International
- VOL 15, NO 6, 931-936
- A dense nanostructured 1.5Ti-Al2O3 composite (volume fraction of Al2O3; 0.62) was simultaneously synthesized and consolidated in a high-frequency induction heated combustion synthesis method within 2 min in one step from mechanically activated powders of 1.5 TiO2 and 2 Al. Simultaneous combustion synthesis and consolidation were accomplished under the combined effects of an induced current and mechanical pressure. Highly dense 1.5Ti-Al2O3 with a relative density of up to 99.8 % was produced under simultaneous application of 60 MPa of pressure and an induced current. The average hardness and fracture toughness values of the composite were 1513 kg/mm2 and 7 MPa·m1/2, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.