Hydrodynamically Focused Particle Filtration Using an Island Structure
- Hydrodynamically Focused Particle Filtration Using an Island Structure
- 이강선; 김충; 안병욱; 강지윤; Kwang W. Oh
- Hydrodynamic focusing; Particle filtration; Separation; Microfluidics
- Issue Date
- BioChip Journal
- VOL 3, NO 4, 275-280
- We propose a particle filtration method based on
hydrodynamic focusing. Three microchannels associated
for the filtration were networked with an island
structure to control a boundary to limit particle sizes.
By adjusting the ratios of hydraulic resistances of the
three microchannels, the boundary distance was controlled.
Using hydrodynamic focusing in the microfluidic
network, we have successfully designed and
tested the device to filtrate particles of 10 μm and 20
μm. The proposed method can continuously separate
particles by size. Thus, the proposed separation
method can be applicable for many fields in biology
and biomedical engineering.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.