Effect of Molecular Weight on the Mechanical and Optical Properties of Triacetyl Cellulose Films for LCD Applications
- Effect of Molecular Weight on the Mechanical and Optical Properties of Triacetyl Cellulose Films for LCD Applications
- 김명희; 김형태; 김성훈; 최광식; 백경열; 홍순만; 구종민
- acetylation; LCD; polarizer; triacetyl cellulose
- Issue Date
- Molecular crystals and liquid crystals
- VOL 510, 268-281
- Physical and optical properties of a series of TAC films with different molecular weight synthesized by acetylation of cotton linter have been investigated. The synthesized TACs had fully acetylated structure in which acetic acid contents was about 62%. Dimensional stability, thermal stability, modulus, tensile strength and elongation at break of TAC film were influenced by the molecular weight of base resin and they increased with the molecular weight. TAC films had good transparency as well as optical isotropy. Especially, optical property and moderate physical properties for protective film application in LCD were achieved above the molecular weight of 250 kg/mol.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.