Synthesis of type II CdTe/CdSe heterostructure tetrapod nanocrystals for PV applications
- Synthesis of type II CdTe/CdSe heterostructure tetrapod nanocrystals for PV applications
- H. Lee; S.W. Yoon; 안재평; Y.D. Suh; J.S. Lee; H. Lim; D. Kim
- CdTe/CdSe; Type IIheterojunction; Tetrapod nanocrystal; Band engineering; Indirect transition
- Issue Date
- Solar energy materials and solar cells : an international journal devoted to photovoltaic, photothermal, and photochemical solar energy conversion
- VOL 93, NO 6-7, 779-782
- We report a facile one-pot synthetic method for the formation of CdTe/CdSe tetrapod nanocrystals with type II band alignment. The crystal growth kinetics can be controlled by changing the injection temperature, rate and concentration of the chalcogen precursor, allowing the structure of CdTe/CdSe tetrapod nanocrystals to be synthesized without changing the underlying chemistry. Only the multiple injection of Se precursor promotes epitaxial growth of a CdSe nanorod on the end of CdTe tetrapod arms. This synthesis shows that the mechanism of tetrapod nucleated growth may be generally applicable for creating other non-core/shell heterostructures. The heterostructure nanocrystals are composed of a CdTe tetrapod core and four CdSe nanorod tips, showing optical properties typical of type II heterostructures that are well suited for photovoltaic applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.