Large refractive index modulation tilted holographic planar structured grating based on dichromated gelatin
- Large refractive index modulation tilted holographic planar structured grating based on dichromated gelatin
- Jihong Zheng; Shizhuo Yin; Zhiwen Liu; Jimmy Yao; 김재헌; Chia-En Yang
- Dichromated gelatin; grating; holographic; Holographic optical elements (HOE); Diffraction gratings; Wavelength filtering devices
- Issue Date
- Optics communications
- VOL 282, 1762-1766
- A new type grating, tilted holographic planar structured dichromated gelatin (DCG) grating with large
refractive index modulation, is presented in this paper. The grating is inscribed by superposing two
coherent laser beams from the front and the thin side surfaces, respectively. The relationship between
the tilted angle and the three types of coupling modes is analyzed when coupling with fiber. Besides,
the couple mode theory and experimental investigation are applied on major characteristics analysis
of the radiation mode DCG grating of tilted angle 45˚. Due to the tilted planar structured grating has large
refractive index modulation, it not only offers convenience for connecting (or integrating) with other
fiber or waveguide-based devices, but also provide some special characteristics such as low wavelength
selectivity (which is required for some applications such as multiple spectrum biomedical imaging).
Therefore, this unique grating device has a wide application in optical fields such as for the waveguide-
based, parallel, multiple spectrum imaging system.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.