Bio-oil production from fast pyrolysis of waste furniture sawdust in a fluidized bed
- Bio-oil production from fast pyrolysis of waste furniture sawdust in a fluidized bed
- 허현수; 박현주; 박영권; 유창국; 서동진; 서영웅; 임진형; 김승수
- Bio-oil; Waste furniture; Fast pyrolysis; Fluidized bed
- Issue Date
- Bioresource technology : biomass, bioenergy, biowastes, conversion technologies, biotransformations, production technologies
- VOL 101, S91-S96
- The amount of waste furniture generated in Korea was over 2.4 million tons in the past 3 years, which can
be used for renewable energy or fuel feedstock production. Fast pyrolysis is available for thermo-chemical
conversion of the waste wood mostly into bio-oil. In this work, fast pyrolysis of waste furniture sawdust
was investigated under various reaction conditions (pyrolysis temperature, particle size, feed rate
and flow rate of fluidizing medium) in a fluidized-bed reactor. The optimal pyrolysis temperature for
increased yields of bio-oil was 450 ℃. Excessively smaller or larger feed size negatively affected the production
of bio-oil. Higher flow and feeding rates were more effective for the production of bio-oil, but did
not greatly affect the bio-oil yields within the tested ranges. The use of product gas as the fluidizing medium
had a potential for increased bio-oil yields.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.