Effect of growth parameters on the formation of three-dimensional InAs islands on (001) silicon substrate
- Effect of growth parameters on the formation of three-dimensional InAs islands on (001) silicon substrate
- 임주영; 송진동; 최원준; H. S. Yang
- InAs; Si; quantum dots
- Issue Date
- Physica Status Solidi. A, Applications and Materials Science
- VOL 207, NO 2, 391-395
- The purpose of this work is to find optimal conditions for the
growth of three-dimensional (3D) InAs islands on (2 x 1) (001)
Si substrate using modified Stranski–Krastanow (S–K) method.
From the analysis of atomic-force-microscopy (AFM) images
and reflection-high-energy-electron-diffraction (RHEED) patterns,
we have found that InAs islands can be grown on Si when
the growth temperature is in the range of 370–430 ℃ and also
when In-injection of more than three periods is used. At the
growth temperature of 390 ℃ and In-injection of four periods,
uniform distribution of islands with the highest density of about
600 /㎛2 were obtained. The average width and height of these
islands were 36.1 ± 9.2 nm and 6.2 ± 2.0 nm, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.