Study of defect-dipoles in an epitaxial ferroelectric thin film
- Study of defect-dipoles in an epitaxial ferroelectric thin film
- C. M. Folkman; S. H. Baek; C. T. Nelson; 장호원; T. Tybell; X. Q. Pan; C. B. Eom
- Defect-dipoles; ferroelectric film; BiFeO3; 2M24180
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 96, 052903-1-052903-3
- We have analyzed the defect contributions to the in-plane polarization switching of epitaxial (001)
BiFeO3 thin films on (110) TbScO3 substrates. Interdigitated electrodes were patterned with respect
to ferroelectric stripe domains in the BiFeO3 film. Polarization measurements exhibited a clear
double hysteresis caused by the presence of a static defect field (~40 kV/cm); the field resulted
from ordered defect-dipoles initially aligned to the spontaneous polarization. By monitoring the
defect field, both realignment and disassociation of the defect-dipoles were demonstrated. These
results establish the arrangement of defect-dipoles in epitaxial ferroelectric thin films, guiding
technologies and opening an avenue for defect related studies.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.