Design and performance analysis of UWB modules for borehole radar system
- Design and performance analysis of UWB modules for borehole radar system
- 조재형; 김상욱; 김세윤; 육종관
- radar; borehole; UWB; Pulse Generator; LNA; 레이더; 시추공; 광대역
- Issue Date
- 한국전자파학회논문지; The Journal of Korea Electromagnetic Engineering Society
- VOL 20, NO 11, 1121-1129
- In this paper, the UWB(Ultra-Wide Band) modules such as a pulse generator and the LNA(Low-Noise Amplifier)
with AGC(Auto Gain Control) are designed to construct a cross-borehole pulse radar system, of which performance
is compared with the existing system. The budget and specification of the radar system are determined by calculating
the total path loss of the underground medium including an empty cavity. The pulse generator is fabricated to have
the repeatation frequency 40 kHz, the pulse width lower than 5 ns and the peak signal level +73 dBm. The UWB
LNA is designed to have the noise figure 3.77 dB, the variable gain range 100 dB and the frequency range of 20
MHz to 200 MHz. Compared with the existing system in an actual test site, the implemented system renders it possible
to detect the blind area due to the UWB LNA with low noise figure.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.