Template engineering of Co-doped BaFe2As2 single-crystal thin films
- Template engineering of Co-doped BaFe2As2 single-crystal thin films
- S. Lee; J. Jiang; Y. Zhang; C.W. Bark; J. D.Weiss; C. Tarantini; C. T. Nelson; 장호원; C. M. Folkman; S. H. Baek; A. Polyanskii; D. Abraimov; A. Yamamoto; J.W. Park; X. Q. Pan; E. E. Hellstrom; D. C. Larbalestier; C. B. Eom
- Ferropnictide superconductors; Template engineering; Epitaxial thin films; 2E21722
- Issue Date
- Nature materials
- VOL 9, NO 5, 397-402
- Understanding new superconductors requires high-quality epitaxial thin films to explore intrinsic electromagnetic properties and evaluate device applications1-9. So far, superconducting properties of ferropnictide thin films seem compromised by imperfect epitaxial growth and poor connectivity of the superconducting phase10-14. Here we report new template engineering using single-crystal intermediate layers of (001) SrTiO3 and BaTiO3 grown on various perovskite substrates that enables genuine epitaxial films of Co-doped BaFe2As2 with a high transition temperature (Tc,ρ=0 of 21.5 K, where ρ=resistivity), a small transition width (ΔTc=1.3 K), a superior critical current density Jc of 4.5 MA cm−2 (4.2 K) and strong c-axis flux pinning. Implementing SrTiO3 or BaTiO3 templates to match the alkaline-earth layer in the Ba-122 with the alkaline-earth/oxygen layer in the templates opens new avenues for epitaxial growth of ferropnictides on multifunctional single-crystal substrates. Beyond superconductors, it provides a framework for growing heteroepitaxial intermetallic compounds on various substrates by matching interfacial layers between templates and thin-film overlayers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.