Superior sinterability of nano-crystalline gadolinium doped ceria powders synthesized by co-precipitation method
- Superior sinterability of nano-crystalline gadolinium doped ceria powders synthesized by co-precipitation method
- 다사리하리; 김혜령; 박종성; 손지원; 김병국; 이해원; 이종호
- SOFC; anode; catalyst; Oxide ceramics; Chemical synthesis; Conductivity; X-ray diffraction; Sintering
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 495, 238-241
- Reduced sintering temperature of doped ceria can greatly simplify the fabrication process of solid oxide
fuel cells (SOFCs) by utilizing the co-firing of all cell components with a single step. In the present study,
nano-crystalline gadolinium doped ceria (GDC) powders of high sinterability at lower sintering temperature
has been synthesized by co-precipitation at room temperature. The successful synthesis of
nano-crystalline GDC was confirmed by XRD, TEM and Raman spectroscopy analysis. Dilatometry studies
showed that GDC prepared by this method can be fully densified (97% relative density) at a sintering
temperature of 950 ℃ which is fairly lower than ever before. It has also been found that the sintered samples
have a higher ionic conductivity of 1.64×10−2 S cm−1 at 600 ℃ which is suitable for the intermediate
temperature SOFC application.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.