Nano-sized Cobalt Based Fischer-Tropsch Catalysts for Gas-to-Liquid Process Applications
- Nano-sized Cobalt Based Fischer-Tropsch Catalysts for Gas-to-Liquid Process Applications
- 강정식; 아와떼; 이윤주; 김소정; 박문주; 이상득; 홍석인; 문동주
- Nano-sized cobalt catalyst; nano crystallites of Co3O4; Fischer-Tropsch (FT); Gas to Liquid (GTL) Process
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 10, NO 5, 3700-3704
- Nano-sized cobalt supported catalysts were prepared for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis in gas-to-liquid (GTL) process. The dependence of crystallite size and reducibility of Co3O4 on the supports were investigated with FTS activity. XRD peaks revealed nano crystallites (<5.47 nm) of Co3O4 crystallites. TEM showed round shaped particles with size less than 5 nm. Support with higher acidity decreased crystallite size of Co3O4. XRD data of used catalysts showed Co3O4 crystallites smaller than 3.5 nm which do not reduce easily to Co0 state. The crystallite size of Co3O4 plays a role in its reduction to Co0. TPR results showed that the reduction temperature shifts to higher temperature due to metal-support interaction. The variation in the activity of the catalysts depends on the support which in turn affects the crystallite size, dispersion, reducibility and activity of Co species in Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis (FTS). In this study, Co/Al2O3 showed higher CO conversion than the other catalysts. However, the C5+ production was in order Co/SiO2 (78.1%) > Co/Al2O3 (70.0%) > Co/R_TiO2 (61%) > Co/A_TiO2 (57.5%).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.