Properties and synthesis of dense nanostructured VSi2-SiC by high-frequency induction heated combustion
- Properties and synthesis of dense nanostructured VSi2-SiC by high-frequency induction heated combustion
- 고인용; 박정환; 윤진국; 도정만; 손인진
- Composite; Sintering; Nanostructured materials; Mechanical properties
- Issue Date
- Metals and Materials International
- VOL 16, NO 2, 219-223
- A dense, nanostructured VSi2-SiC composite was synthesized by a high-frequency induction heated combustion synthesis (HFIHCS) method within 4 min in one step from powders of mechanically activated VC and 3Si. Simultaneous combustion synthesis and densification were accomplished under the combined effects of induced current and simultaneous application of 80 MPa, yielding highly dense VSi2-SiC. The average grain size and mechanical properties (hardness and fracture toughness) of the composite were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.