Research on carbon-coated Li4Ti5O12 material for lithium ion batteries
- Research on carbon-coated Li4Ti5O12 material for lithium ion batteries
- 김주빈; 김동진; 정경윤; 변동진; 조병원
- Li4Ti5O12; carbon-coated; electronic conductivity; rate capability; cycle performance; anode; lithium ion batteries
- Issue Date
- Physica scripta
- VOL T139, 014026-1-014026-4
- Carbon-coated Li4Ti5O12 anode materials for the lithium ion battery were synthesized by using sucrose to improve the electrochemical properties of Li4Ti5O12, and the carbon content was then tested. X-ray diffraction (XRD) showed that the coating of carbon does not influence the formation of Li4Ti5O12. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and Raman spectroscopy confirmed that carbon content exists on the surface of Li4Ti5O12. Electronic conductivity measurement indicated that the electronic conductivity of the carbon-coated Li4Ti5O12 material was 3.8×10−4 S cm−1, which is higher than that for the primary Li4Ti5O12 material (4.3×10−7 S cm−1). CV results show that carbon-coated Li4Ti5O12 shows a larger diffusion coefficient. Charge and discharge tests show that rate capability and cycle performance were improved because of the carbon coating.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.