Aerodynamic Design and Numerical Analysis of Propane Refrigerant Centrifugal Compressor for LNG Plant
- Aerodynamic Design and Numerical Analysis of Propane Refrigerant Centrifugal Compressor for LNG Plant
- 박주훈; 이원석; 강경준; 신유환; 이윤표; 김광호; 정진택
- Aerodynamic design; CFD; R-290; Centrifugal compressor; LNG plant; 공력설계; 전산유체역학; 프로판 냉매; 원심압축기; LNG 플랜트
- Issue Date
- 한국전산유체공학회 2010년도 춘계학술대회 논문집
- , 167-173
- In this study, flow structure in a three-stage centrifugal compressor for LNG Plant with the refrigerant, Propane, was
numerically investigated at the design point of the compressor using a commercial code. Flow characteristics in the passages of
impeller and vaneless diffuser were analyzed in detail including velocity vector, Mach number and pressure contours in blade
spanwise and meridional plane for each stage. The estimation on the one-dimensional output from the preliminary design and
three-dimensional shape of the impeller blade was performed through the flow analysis. The verification for designed compressor
was carried out from three-dimensional Navier-Stokes analysis. The results will be used as reference data for a new design of
3-D impeller shape to improve propane refrigerant compressor performance.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.