Effects of operating temperature on performance degradation of PEMFCs under repetitive startup/shutdown cycling
- Effects of operating temperature on performance degradation of PEMFCs under repetitive startup/shutdown cycling
- 조유연; 조은애; 김재홍; 김정현; 임태훈; 오인환; 장종현; 김형준
- PEMFC; Durability; Operating temperature; On/off cycling
- Issue Date
- Meeting of the Electrochemical Society
- Effects of operating temperature on performance degradation of PEMFCs were investigated under the repetitive on/off cycling operation to optimize operating conditions for fuel cell vehicles. Performance was traded off with durability of PEMFCs; at higher operating temperature, initial performance of a single cell was better while performance degradation was faster in order of 80, 65 and 40 ℃. With repeating startup/shutdown cycles, polarization curves, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), cyclic voltam-metry (CV), linear sweep voltammetry (LSV) were measured to examine in-situ degradation of the MEAs. To investigate physic-chemical degradation of the MEAs, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), electron probe micro analyzer (EPMA) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) were employed before and after the durability tests.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.