Synthesis and characterization of acid-doped polybenzimidazole membranes by sol-gel and post-membrane casting method
- Synthesis and characterization of acid-doped polybenzimidazole membranes by sol-gel and post-membrane casting method
- 이증우; 이덕열; 김형준; 남상용; 최종진; 김주용; 장종현; 조은애; 김수길; 홍성안; 임태훈
- Polybenzimidazole; High temp PEMFC; In situ membrane fabrication; Membrane electrode assembly; Proton exchange membrane fuel cell
- Issue Date
- Journal of membrane science
- VOL 357, NO 1-2, 130-133
- Polybenzimidazoles (p-PBI and m-PBI) were synthesized by the reaction of 3,3-diaminobenzidine with
terephthalic acid or isophthalic acid in polyphosphoric acid at 220 ℃ for 20 h. These PBI membranes
were prepared by two methods: conventional casting (post-membrane fabrication) and direct casting (in
situ fabrication). Their properties were found to be dependant on their polymer structure as well as the
membrane casting method used in the fabrication process. p-PBI demonstrated higher ion conductivity
and greater mechanical properties than m-PBI. The membrane produced by the direct casting method
resulted in higher ion conductivity than that produced by the conventional casting method. For these
reasons, p-PBI membrane formed by a direct casting method promises to enhance the performance of
proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.