Load Distribution Algorithm Based on Transcoding Time Estimation for Distributed Transcoding Servers
- Load Distribution Algorithm Based on Transcoding Time Estimation for Distributed Transcoding Servers
- 서동만; 김종우; 정인범
- Transcoding; distributed servers; load distribution; admission control; time estimation; load balance
- Issue Date
- 2010 International Conference on Information Science and Applications
- VOL 1, 79-86
- As a result of improvements in wireless communication
technologies, a multimedia data streaming service can be
provided for mobile clients such as PDAs and cellular phones.
Because mobile devices have low computing power and work on
a low network bandwidth, a transcoding technology is needed to
adapt the original streaming media for mobile environments. To
provide quality of service, original encoded media are transcoded
within limited time and transmitted to clients without ceasing
and jittering phenomena. In particular, when large-scale mobile
clients demand streaming services, load distribution methods
among distributed transcoding servers have a tremendous impact
on the total number of quality of service streams. In this paper, a
new load distribution method is proposed based on transcoding
time estimation with transcoding servers’ information, movie
information and target transcoding bit-rate. In experiments,
the proposed method produces the best performance scalability
according to the increase of transcoding servers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.