Enlarged ferromagnetic hysteresis in InMnP:Be epilayers formed by thermal diffusion using MBE-grown Mn/InP:Be bilayers
- Enlarged ferromagnetic hysteresis in InMnP:Be epilayers formed by thermal diffusion using MBE-grown Mn/InP:Be bilayers
- Yoon Shon; Sejoon Lee; Tae Won Kang; Youngmin Lee; Seung-Woong Lee; 송진동; 김형준; Jeong Ju Lee; Im Taek Yoon
- Diffusion; Molecular beam epitaxy; Manganites; Magnetic materials; Semiconducting indium phosphide
- Issue Date
- Journal of crystal growth
- VOL 312, NO 14, 2069-2072
- The p-type InMnP:Be epilayers, which were prepared by thermal diffusion of Mn through in-situ deposition of Mn layer using molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) onto MBE-grown InP:Be epilayers and subsequent in-situ annealing at 300–350 °C, were investigated. InMnP:Be epilayers prepared by the above sequence clearly showed the Mn-related emission band at 1.1–1.2 eV, which indicates the effective incorporation of Mn2+ ions into the host layer InP:Be. The samples demonstrated very large ferromagnetic hysteresis loops with enhanced coercivity, and the ferromagnetic-to-paramagnetic transition of the samples was observed to occur at ~85 K. These results suggest that InP-based ferromagnetic semiconductor layers having enhanced ferromagnetism can be effectively formed by the above-mentioned sequential in-situ processes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.