Microstructures and Thermal Properties of Water Quenched Thermoelectric Material in Bi2Te3-PbTe System
- Microstructures and Thermal Properties of Water Quenched Thermoelectric Material in Bi2Te3-PbTe System
- 임주혁; 정규호; 유현우; 김광천; 김진상
- Thermoelectric; Thermal properties; Self assembled structure; PbTe; PbBi2Te4; Bi2Te3
- Issue Date
- 전기전자재료학회논문지 (Journal of KIEEME)
- VOL 23, NO 6, 502-507
- In order to design nano structured materials with enhanced thermoelectric properties, the alloys
in the pseudo-binary Bi2Te3-PbTe system are investigated for their micro structure properties. For this
synthesis, the liquid alloys are cooled by the water quenching method. Micro structure images are obtained
by using an electron probe micro analyzer(EPMA). Dendritic and lamellar structures are clearly observed
with the variation in the composition ratio between Bi2Te3 and PbTe. The increase in the Bi2Te3
composition ratio causes to change of the structure from dendritic to lamellar. The Seebeck coefficient of
sample 5, in which the mixture rate of Bi2Te3 is 83%, is measured as the highest value. In contrast, the
others decrease with the increase of the Bi2Te3 composition ratio. Meanwhile, p-type characteristics are
observed in sample 6, at 91%-Bi2Te3 mixture rate. The power factors of the all samples are calculated
with the Seebeck coefficient and resistivity.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.